Hospice care is about QUALITY of LIFE while living with an advancing life-threatening illness.
Some people fear that registering with Hospice means that death is imminent, and that they’re ‘giving up hope’ or that hospice palliative care is only for the very final days or hours of life.
Hospice palliative care is NOT just for the final days. Hospice palliative care is not a place: it is a model of care Most of all, it is about HONOURING the individual’s wishes for THEIR care, which is about dignity and increasing quality of life with compassionate support and comfort.
What can Hospice do?
The diagnosis of a serious or life-limiting illness can have profound effects on a person, as well as on the person’s loved ones. Suddenly, life and death can take on important new meanings. 100 Mile Hospice Volunteers offer support through the overwhelming emotions and practical realities of coping with illness. We offer many services, equipment and resources all at NO CHARGE THANKS TO GENEROUS DONATIONS AND LOCAL FUNDRAISING.
- Social, Emotional and Spiritual support
- Family / Caregiver support
- Respite care
- Anticipatory grief support
- Hospice / Palliative Care resources and information – for clients and families
- Lending Library – Books, videos & DVDs – available to public
- Referral to other appropriate services
- Lending of SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT for client comfort
- Stress reduction techniques – healing touch, massages, relaxation breathing etc
- Advanced care planning
- Bereavement support for family
- Grief groups
- Community education
What can YOU DO? Please consider taking a few moments to visit our Facebook page, web page, pick up the phone and call us. The office is currently closed to the public – BUT WE ARE STILL HERE TO HELP!!!
100 Mile Hospice has been Serving 100 Mile District for 35 years!!
100 Mile Hospice 250-395-7680
555, Cedar Ave (South Cariboo Health Centre)